Sunday, October 5, 2008

Elections and Arguments.


With a little less than a month till the election I am officially done trying to match wits with the witless. If somebody chooses to believe that we will be well-served by electing someone based on one small part of their platform, then so be it.
If those same people aren't invested enough to do their research, then I will be the girl with no opinion. I am left to wonder, however, if perhaps a little less time with reality TV and a little more time with factual research wouldn't be a better way to plant hope in the future.
Democracy is only as valuable as the people who help shape it. I know we are at a crossroads in the country and all I can do now is hope and believe.
Research could well be the one useful tool to bring about significant change. So, do your research and, I promise not to say "I told you so" if things don't work out like they ought to.

1 comment:

uav said...

http://www.factcheck.org/