Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Top Ten Things That Make Me Happy
In the course of the last 20 years or so I've seen lots of stuff on My Little World Wild Web.
Both my parents, at some point called me and said, "My web is broken"... that always cracked me up because (one) it's not really "their" web and (two) it's most unlikely that it's broken.
It also made me remember that when our famliy started depending on the Internet -- we paid by the minute. Yep, for all you kids out there: It's true. When it all began, you had to pay by the minute, just like long distance. Aaaahhh, I'm getting all misty just thinking about our humble beginnings here...
But, most recently I've had cause to consider the "Vibe Content" of any and every thing I put out here. For that matter, I've had cause to pause regarding EVERYthing that ANYbody puts out there.... You know, the Easterners among us (I don't mean Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard. Ferrreal, I'm thinking about the Chinese... Japanese... Zens and Taoists) belive that everything you think or say releases that "vibe" (energy, Qi...) into the universe
At this point, I can't help but believe that is true. Life is so very delicate and short.
And, then I find myself thinking about all the bonafide trash that's passed through my fingertips. The zillions of surveys that are so.... they just demonstrate a complete disregard for critical thinking... Stuff like "What do you think Brittany Should Do With Her Kids That She Refuses to Pay Any Attention To?" kinda surveys...
Things that just so don't matter.
So, Now it's a Wednesday night in Denver and I'm all wrapped up in thinking about Things That Mke Me Smile...
So, tell me... tell me do...
What makes you smile.
Ten whole things.
1. The sound of kids laughing. Primarily mine, but a really close second would be any of my relatives kids. God it makes me happy to hear kids laugh.
2. The "Hello" from someone I love on the other end of a phone.
3. Songs that make me dance in the kitchen. There's just really nothing like Kitchen Dancing.
4. The sound of bacon sizzling on a stove top.... preferably mine. Yea, I know it will probably kill me, but... damn.... it's bacon.
5. Watching snow fall. Any where, any time. It makes everything so quiet and clean and ... quiet.
6. The smell of Chlorine.... A good, well-maintained pool...jumping a fence when you're all hot and sweaty... not getting caught.
7. A dumpster full of brand new Levis and Doc Marten shoes ... at the end of a semester... in a town where little rich kids are supported by their parents and they haven't learned the value of a dollar yet.
8. Any documentary that illustrates the ultimate battle between the "haves" and the "have nots" in any way.
9. Love letters.
10. The smell of Moon Flowers, Lilacs, compost, Lavendar and patchouli.
(and, an addendum to my Top TEN list: The smell of hippies at a bluegrass festival....Mmmm mmmmm mmm)
Ok. So tell me. I'm serious.
What's your Top Ten?