I could burst with all this goodness. I really love the people that my family has married into. And, 2008 had all kinds of high-points. These are just a few that I'm remembering tonight...
This is Chelsea and Jonathan and Olive. This is their 10th Christmas together. I love that they are such a cool couple and have been one for so long.
Some swell documentaries that made me think... or made me mad... or made me more curious:
(I may have to write a Thesis on this and get a Masters)
- Young At Heart (Geriatrics singing contemporary songs a capella)
- Meth (aka; How I Lost My Brother)
- Fall From Grace. The Phelps (Topeka's Shame)
- 7 Up
(I wouldn't wanna be those people, but I love watching them grow up)
- Shut Up and Sing (Never been a big fan of Country Music, but the Dixie Chix deserve kudos for not sucking up)
- Everything I watched that was Anti-Bush and WTF: A War?!?! Seriously?!?
- Hours of study re; Fascism and Consumerism
- Jesus Camp
- Who Killed The Electric Car?
OTHER GREAT STOPS ALONG THE WAY:
Music and Art.
New friends and old friends
Sturdy shoes and good socks
Catholics, Athiests and Agnostics
Justin Thomas and Chelsea Maureen
Obama-Rama (Change Can Happen)
My Grandson (wow. I'm THAT old)
Helvetica (I once married a Font Freak. Can't Go Back.)
Ipods and Itunes
Sony Digital Cameras
The Pacific and The Atlantic
Planes and 18-Wheelers
I-70 from KS to CO
My sister's home
My step-mother the nun
And, what are you grateful for?