Friday, September 19, 2008

Meagan Has A Birthday

My Sister turns 40 Today
Meagan is my little sister. She was born 7 years behind me and we share very limited memories of living in the same house...growing up together.
Over the course of the last year I've gotten to know her more than I could have ever hoped. And, she is one amazing person.
She lives in Colorado (as she has for the past 17 years) and she has 4 amazing boys. She has perfect nails and unbelievably enviable hair. She can sing like a lark and either doesn't know it or hasn't realized it yet.
When she laughs it's like a perfect wind ripping through a strand of evergreens.
She has some serious back bone.
She will sometimes tell me things I don't want to hear and other times tell me things that nobody has ever told me about myself. I value her for both of these.... Her candor is so precious.
Once, when she was very little I told her that my best friend had a tail. She believed me. Another time I told her that all those little utility stations along the turnpike were UFO tracking stations. I think she believed that till she was in college. And, once Meagan believes something it IS the truth. You've really got to work overtime to make her believe otherwise.
She still sends my brother money in prison.
She has hope.
I am so blessed to have her in my life...as are my children...and her children...and her great big ol' Irish Catholic family.
She is amazing.
And, it's her birthday.
So...Good vibe Meagan today.
Life is short...good vibes are forever.

4 comments:

cricket said...

OMG! That was the nicest thing anyone has done for me. I feel all puffy and big! Thank you so much for those sweet words! You have an amazing ability to make people feel so good and important! I love the poo outa you! xxoo M
PS: I wish you were here to celebrate with me! I have been listening to your cd's today. the ones we listened to on the way to Split Lip makes me smile!

Chimpsea said...

Awww :) Happy birthday to my favorite aunt!

cricket said...

Thank you it was a great day! Your my favorite niece! ;0)

Chimpsea said...

Hi mom! I'm sitting at the bus stop borrowing internets from the Radisson hotel across the way and thought I'd say hello. I like your blog. Yay!